NETGATE CPIC-8955 CRYPTOGRAPHIC ACCELERATOR CARD WITH QAT
CPIC-8955 ACCELERATOR CARD WITH INTEL® QUICKASSIST TECHNOLOGY: INTEL “COLETO CREEK” PCIE CRYPTOGRAPHIC ACCELERATOR CARD
INTEL QUICKASSIST TECHNOLOGY PROVIDES CRYPTOGRAPHIC AND COMPRESSION ACCELERATION USING THE INTEL “COLETO CREEK” 8955 CHIPSET, WITH CLC. USE THIS CARD TO ADD QUICKASSIST ACCELERATION SERVICE CAPABILITIES TO EXISTING SYSTEMS EASILY AND AT A LOW COST.
- Uses QuickAssist technology to provide up to 50 Gbps of hardware acceleration.
- With newly-released OpenSSL* 1.1.0 to deliver nearly 35,000 2K RSA TPS.
- Makes establishing connections to web services hosted on NGINX lightning fast.
- Offload VPN processing from VPN concentrators and software-based firewalls.
- Designed for easy drop-in implementation in new and existing equipment.
- Standard PCIe 2.2 interface that can be deployed in virtually any major PC, workstation or server platform utilizing a PCIe bus.
The Netgate® CPIC-8955 Accelerator Card allows servers to achieve sustained throughput of up to 50 Gbps. The CPIC-8955 accelerator card features a standard PCIe 2.2 interface that is easily deployed in virtually any major PC, workstation or server platform. By utilizing the PCIe bus, it is ideally suited for PCIe coprocessor-based IPSec or TLS security applications such as SSL, OpenSSL*, and NGINX. Disk optimization and de-duplication tasks also benefit through the data compression functionality.
When it comes to encryption processing and establishing connections, businesses can now achieve up to 3.5X the equivalent TLS performance of an unaccelerated E5 Xeon server with 20 cores when using the new Netgate® CPIC-8955 Accelerator Card. The Netgate® CPIC-8955 Accelerator Card works with the newly-released OpenSSL 1.1.0 to deliver nearly 35,000 2K RSA TPS, and up to 50 Gbps of add-in hardware cryptographic acceleration to help offload the performance demands of securing and routing Internet traffic. In addition, the acceleration offload offered by the CPIC-8955 acts to preserve processor cycles for application and control processing.
The CPIC-8955 can offload VPN processing from VPN concentrators and software-based firewalls to improve overall network efficiency while reducing CPU overhead. A single CPIC-8955 accelerator card allows PCIe systems to achieve a sustained throughput of up to 50 Gbps. The CPIC-8955 accelerator features a standard PCIe 2.2 interface that can be deployed in virtually any major PC, workstation or server platform utilizing a PCIe bus and is ideally suited for PCIe coprocessor-based IPSec or TLS security applications such as SSL, OpenSSL, and nginX. Disk optimization and de-duplication also benefit through the data compression functionality.
Intel QuickAssist Technology integrated hardware-acceleration delivers hardware acceleration services for efficient cryptographic and compression performance, enabling you to:
- Reduce demands on your server
- Support a larger number of secured clients per server
- Preserve CPU cycles for other uses
Hardware-accelerating SSL with Intel QuickAssist Technology frees up significant processor cycles, so you can:
- Offload compute-intense security protocols
- Encrypt information across networks
- Support more secure throughput per platform
Intel QuickAssist Technology compression/decompression acceleration reduces overall data size so it can be transmitted faster, which allows you to:
- Reduce demands on server processors
- Harness the value of big data by improving the performance of solutions like Hadoop
- Get faster results
Intel QuickAssist Technology accelerates the compression/depression process so that large amounts of data can be transmitted faster and takes up less storage space, which will:
- Help maximize storage space
- Improve performance of transmitting data
- Description: Cryptographic and compression accelerator using Intel QuickAssist Technology, with CLC
- Chipset: Intel Communications Chipset DH8955CL “Coleto Creek”
- Supported Ciphers: AES, DES, 3DES, RC4;
- Supported Wireless Ciphers: Kasumi, Snow 3G
- Supported Hash Algorithms: SHA-1, MD5; SHA-2 (SHA-224, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512);
- Supported Authentication Methods: HMAC, AES-XCBC, AES-CCM, AES-XTS
- Supported Public Key Functions: RSA operation; Diffie-Hellman operation; digital signature standard operation; key derivation operation;
- Supports Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECDSA and ECDH);
- Supports random number generation; and prime number testing
- Support compression/decompression functions including: DEFLATE (Lempel-Ziv 77) and LZS (Lempel-Ziv-Stac)
- Supports Single Root I/O Virtualization (SR-IOV) for device-passthru in virtualized environments.
- Intel QuickAssist Technology Capability: 50 Gbps
- IPSec: 43 Gbps
- SSL: 49 Gbps
- Compression: 20 Gbps
- Kasumi/Snow3G: 24 Gbps
- RSA Decrypt 1k-bit key: 170K ops/sec
- RSA Decrypt 2k-bit key 35K ops/sec
- Interface (Bus) Type: PCIe Gen2x16 host interface
- Additional Ports: Intel XDP Debug Port
- Power: via PCIe connector
- Intel QuickAssist Drivers, Tools and Utilities
- 01.org QuickAssist Drivers and Patches
- Open Source stacks, including Linux Kernel Crypto framework, zlib and OpenSSL can be found on 01.org
- Supported in Linux kernel.
- DPDK PMD drivers available on dpdk.org
HARDWARE SPECS AND MATERIALS
- Form factor: PCIe: 6.6 in x 4.25 in
- Certifications: FCC Part 15 Class B, CE Class B, IEC-60950, RoHS/WEEE
- Operating Temp: 0-50 C
- Power: 25W TDP
WARRANTY AND SUPPORT INFORMATION
- One year manufacturers warranty.
- All Specifications subject to change without notice.
- Subject to export restrictions: Currently can only ship to the USA and Canada.